What are the uses and properties of Estradiol?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: What is Estradiol and what does it do
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Female sex hormone.

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

Estradiol is a female sex hormone. It is important in the female characteristics and female genital functioning. For an elderly, this is used to treat symptoms of menopause as the levels of this hormone reduce significantly and make be responsible for vaginal dryness, frequent urination, irritability. Let me know if you ave any of these concerns so that I can advise further on the merits of this if you need to take them.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.