What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Vaginitis may be due to STD or nonSTD causes
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Redness of genitals, swelling, itching with or without excessive discharge are the symptoms and signs of vaginitis. It is very difficult to assess whether it is due to STD or not by yourself on inspection or subjective feeling. Investigations need to confirm the etiology. Certain causes like yeast infection can occur due to STD reason or nonSTD reasons. Dysuria and frequency indicates urethritis. Possibly due to STD cause. Yeast vaginitis can occur with Diabetes Mallitus. Rule out Diabetes, even though it is rare in young individuals. Treatment has to be planned according to the outcome of examination and investigations results.
It is better to consult a physician and get well soon.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms caused by vaginal polyps
- Symptoms klebsiella pneumoniae vaginitis
- Vaginal endometriosis symptoms
- Vaginal proteus mirabilis symptoms
- Is vaginal cancer hereditary and what are its symptoms
- What are the symptoms of vaginal dryness?
- Symptoms of vaginal strep b
- Vaginal discharge symptoms
- Severe vaginal thrush symptoms
- What are the signs and symptoms of vaginal thrush