What Are The Symptoms Of Symptoms Of Endometrial Tuberculosis?
I have consulted you few days back regarding low endometrial thickness. Five days back, my doctor advised Grafeel Infusion to uterus and increased progynova tablet dosage. Today's scanning showed endometrium started shrinking and measured 6.5mm. Few days back it reached up to 7.2mm. I am asked to cancel this cycle and to start Regestrone tablets. Also told to do endometrial biopsy on 23rd day of periods to check endometrial tuberculosis.
I have omitted to mention few things in the last message:
- Have undergone hysteroscopy and laparoscopic myometry in Feb-2014 to remove fibriods.
-My husband aged 44 has problems with sperm motility, morphology and count. It got better by using some herbal medication.
-Doctor now says they observe average endo thickness of 6 even during the time when I had hormonal injections for egg retrieval.
-I had to try two cycles of egg pick up because in the first attempt only two eggs were retrieved. In the second attempt, seven eggs were picked up.
-last egg retrieval was in October-2014 and I was initially told ET will be done. Later on suggested FET.
-First FET medication started during Nov-14 - Dec-14 cycle and only tablet Progynova was used. It was cancelled as the maximum thickness reached was 6.2.
-After a break of two months, started Progynova tablets from 7th day of periods (3March2015). Tablet Trental also started since 1st March. From March 21st onwards tablet Carnisure also advised (four tablets per day).
- Should I continue tablet trental or is there any other better medicines to increase blood circulation.
-Is it appropriate to request doctor to review and increase progynova dosage?
-Actually there are only two attempts done for FET. Is there valid reasons to suspect endometrial T.B.
Looking forward for your valuable suggestion.
Thank you & best regards,
Trental is useful
Welcome back. I remember our last conversation.
Following is my reply:
1. It is better to go ahead with endometrial biopsy to identify TB as endometrial thickness is very low.
2. You are taking maximum dose of progynova possible. No need to increase further.
3. Continue trental as it helps to increase blood flow.
4. You can try vaginal supranational tablet with brand name primiwal or alivher. These help improve endometrial blood flow.
5. Since only 2 attempts of FET are possible, better to try only if endometrium improves.
Let me know if you need any more clarifications.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Thank you for the reply. I have a question. Is there any symptoms for endo TB ? However I will do the biopsy and then will get back to you.