What are the symptoms of osteoporosis?
Can be due to osteoporosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the mid shin with no detectable fracture can be due to osteoporosis or shin splints. The pain can be persistent in shin splints if no proper rest is given for healing.
To detect osteoporosis, it is best to get a bone mineral density ( BMD) test done. Continue taking mild pain killers. You can do a hot compress in the area for relief. Do take a diet rich in calcium and magnesium for early relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
It can persist for many weeks.
Thanks for writing again.
Shin splints pain can be persistent if adequate rest is not provided for proper healing. Since you are a nurse and you need to stand a lot the pain of shin splints can persist for 16 weeks or more.
You can take Advil and excedrin every 6 hourly after meals. If you do not have gastritis or ulcer related problems then you can take it for 6-8 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of degenerative osteoporosis
- Symptoms of osteoporosis
- Symptoms of never taken osteoporosis
- Symptoms of osteoporosis in knees
- Symptoms of hysterectomy osteoporosis
- Symptoms of advanced osteoporosis
- Symptoms of causes of osteoporosis
- Six symptoms of osteoporosis
- Symptoms of secondary osteoporosis
- Symptoms of history of osteoporosis
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?