• question-icon

What are the signs and symptoms of psychosis?

Posted on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: How do I get my adult son the help he needs if he thinks he will handle it. I am pretty sure he has physcosis because of his thought process. He believes he is implanted with a tracking device and that every one is sabotaging his life. I am afraid he is going to snap and hurt someone one or himself but can't seem to find a doctor that will look at him especially when he tries to sugar coat everything that is happening. He believes that they will only diagnose him with szchitzophrenia and he strongly believes he was implanted with a foreign device. No Doctors around here taking new patients....HELP
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

What you are describing is indeed psychosis, and is a psychiatric emergency. You need to call 911 to have emergency services visit your son, evaluate his safety, and being him to the emergency room for a psychiatric evaluation. They may determine that he needs to be involuntarily admitted for treatment. All you can do is call 911 to start this process to help him.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 3 hours later
Thank you I would like to have you as his Doctor but I live in Alberta,Canada and need to find someone here thanks again
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

You need to call emergency services to bring an ambulance to take your son to the hospital. This is an emergency thus cannot wait.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist