What are the side effects of steroids taken for spondylothesis and bursitis?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have spondylothesesis and bursitis.
I have just started taking prescription steroids.
Never taken them before!
What can I expect from them?
What are the most common side effects?
I have bursitis of the hip
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some Adverse effects, but the use of steroids overweighs them all

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX!
I welcome you at my Virtual Clinic and assure you to help anytime when you are in need.
Yes you should have to know and keep a prehand knowledge of the most common side effects with steroid use. But remember not every patient gets these side effects. If any has to appear, thats too appear after a long term usage of the steroid, until unless you have an allergy to steroid that appears in no time after taking it.
Most common adverse effects are:-
Increased appetite, Indigestion, Nervousness, Insomnia, Blurring of vision.
Less common ones are:-
Itching, dizziness, edema, headache, vertigo, delayed wound healing, Diabetes Mellitus, arthralgias (joint pains).

Steroids are prescribed usually when the benefits overweigh the possible side effects and you need not to worry and keep the treatment going on. Its necessary to help you relieve from signs/symptoms of the hip joint disease that you are facing.
Hope it helps. Please dont forget to give a high star feedback to help me assist you in a better way in future. You feedback/reviews takes me to a better position to help you.
If you have any questions in future, you may "Ask me a question" directly from my profile.

Regards!
DR. HANIF XXXXXXX USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Muhammad Hanif