question-icon

What are the side effects of Metoprolol?

Posted on Fri, 27 Mar 2015
Question: What are the side effects of using metoprol, I have an irrreguralar heart beat, and high blood presser.
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
High blood pressure is not common side effect for metoprolol

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Metoprolol is quite safe medication when used in appropriate dose for individual patient. It's side effects are not frequent.
The most common side effects are low pulse and blood pressure, which are connected with the main effects of the medication. Also can be seen dizziness and lightheadedness when getting up shortly, vision disturbances, tiredness, anxiety, breathing difficulty etc.

Hope I could help you

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Regaards,
Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist