What are the side effects of Fluoxetine?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
I highly suggest your wife see a psychiatrist. It may be that the fluoxetine is actually activating her, making her irritable, angry, and labile. She may in fact need a mood stabilizer like lithium, valproate, lamotrigine, or quetiapine.
It is certainly possible her behavior is a medication side effect, or an untreated bipolar disorder. Visit a psychiatrist to consider some of these above medications.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is indigestion a side effect of fluoxetine?
- Is blindness a side effect of fluoxetine?
- Is hostility a side effect of fluoxetine?
- Fluoxetine common side effect
- Fluoxetine withdrawal side effects
- Fluoxetine capsules side effect
- Fluoxetine and alcohol side effects
- Side effects of fluoxetine hydrochloride
- Fluoxetine prozac side effects
- What are the side effects of fluoxetine capsules?