Suggest treatment for post-polio syndrome
Transcranial direct current stimulation is a new possibility.
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Traditional treatment of post-polio syndrome includes intravenous immunoglobulin, lamotrigine, muscle strengthening exercises, and static magnetic fields.
New treatment ways that are being considered include transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS).
L-citrulline also according to one study may improve muscle strength in patients with post-polio syndrome.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I live and work in Europe so it is difficult for me to address you where to find transcranial direct current stimulation in your area.
L-citrulline should be available with a prescription.
I think you should discuss first with your primary care Physician who may have the needed information about your requests.
Hope I helped you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post polio syndrome precautions
- Post polio syndrome and taking diovan
- Treatment and cure for Post-polio syndrome
- Diagnosis of Post-polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome causes
- Post polio syndrome naturopathy
- Symptoms of Post-polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome and hearing loss
- What causes post polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome seizure
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?