Can Doxepin be taken with Depakote, Lamictal, Zoloft and Rexulti?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: hello, can you take doxapin with depakote of Zoloft Lamictal and of rexulti? thank you
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
some interactions can occur

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are some interactions that would require monitoring but they can be used together.

The interactions are--(1) lamotrigine (lamictal) increases the toxicity of sertraline (zoloft)
(2)sertraline (zoloft) may increase the effect and level of brexiprazole (rexulti)
by affecting its break down
(3) Depakote increases lamotrigine (lamictal) by decreasing its breakdown

It is possible that you may not experience any side effects of these reactions but you should be monitored to see if any occurs

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions