What are the side effects of Crinone during pregnancy?
it is necessary for maintaining pregnancy
Welcome to Healthcare Mahic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Crinone contains progesterone hormone which is necessary for maintaining pregnancy until placenta takes over. Your doctor prescribed it as she had light bleeding. I suggest let your wife take the medicine until 11 weeks of pregnancy.
The complications mentioned are rare. They usually occur in obese women or women with family h/o thrombotic disorders.
Do consult your doctor at the earliest if she develops any of the symptoms mentioned in the leaflet.
At present there is no evidence that it harms the baby. So she can take the medicine.
I hope this helps. if you have further queries, I will be happy to answer.
She cannot be standing up for long periods of time without feeling fatigue in the legs. We wonder if these conditions might lead to a problem taking "Crinone 8%" and cause something more serious, even though she is not obese (137lbs with 5 - 6 height)
Her family has history of cardiovascular disease. Do you think our concern about taking XXXXXXX 8% is sound? Do you think we should worry considering her odds with the varicose veins and possible circulation problems in her legs?
She can use Crinone gel
Very happy to know that she has normal BMI. If she has varicose veins she should use thromboembolic deterrent stockings ( TED) which improve the blood circulation in the legs. The risk of possible thrombotic disorder with progesterone is extremely low. So she can use Crinone gel.
I looked into the reports. Her urine culture shows Group B Streptococcus. She needs to be treated for it now. She also needs to receive antibiotics during delivery to prevent this infection being transmitted to baby. Her vitamin D level is slightly low. Do consult your doctor to take Vitamin D suppliments. Rest of the reports are fine.
Her family history of cardiovascular disease does not increase her risk of developing blood clots. So don't worry about it.
I hope this helps. If you have any further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of tdap during pregnancy
- What are the side effects of taking regestrone during pregnancy
- Side effects of udiliv during pregnancy
- Crinone side effects during pregnancy
- Prescribed with lupigest during pregnancy what are the side effects
- What is the side effect of ampiclox during pregnancy
- What are the side effects of navidoxine during pregnancy
- Side effect of xray during pregnancy
- What are the side effects of duvadilan during pregnancy
- What are the side effects of smoking during pregnancy
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?