Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

second opinion for Protein-S Deficiency

I am 23 weeks pregnant, and my Dr has me on 40mg Lovenox daily. I have been taking it close to 2 months now, without any followup blood work. I am on Lovenox because earlier in my pregnancy they discovered I MIGHT have a Protein-S deficiency. They just say to keep taking the injections. Should I get a "second opinion"?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  547
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Hi, protein S deficiency can be congenital or acquired. You should test your blood for protein S antigen and functional protein S level with coagulation profile. Have you ever suffered from DVT or any thrombotic disorder. Pregnancy itself can precipitate its deficiency. It is probably given to increase uterine blood flow. If you really have that deficiency, you must continue that injection till delivery at least and later see a hematologist.
Answered: Wed, 30 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

It is always better to take a second opinion for all major conditions.

Answered: Fri, 19 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor