What are the side effects of Botox?

Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju

Nephrologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

I appreciate your advice with my previous question about voluma. My new question is if botox would be safe for me to do. Again,I'm a 38yo female that was diagnosed with membranous glomerulonephritis at age 9. I have been in permanent remission since I was 24yo. Kidney function is normal. I was interested in getting botox injections.Do you think it would be safe for me? I have had silicone implants for years and never had a problem but I wasn't sure about injectables.
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Botox is safe and has no known major side effects. YOu can safely take those injections. THre wont be any effect on memebranous nephropathy. Still, as this condition relapses for " no reason" after nay kind of drug, you can monitor proteinuria before and 2 weeks after the therapy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj