What are the side effects of Atorvastatin?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What is the most common sideeffect of atorvastatin How long does it normaly take to see effects ? If its muscle pain does it go away
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that the most common effect of atorvastatin is muscle pain or cramps.

These effects are usually seen since the first days from starting and they are more prominent when high doses are used.

If muscle pain starts, I would recommend performing liver enzymes and muscular enzymes (CPK) levels.

Stopping the drug may be needed when the muscle pain limits your daily function.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri