What are the side effect of Levaquin?
The diarrhea pretty much resolved, but for the last 3 weeks or so has experienced frequent lower stomach cramps that resolve when she has a bowel movement. She does have extreme urgency and probably has 10 or so bowel movements a day. They are formed but include mucus.
This is the first time she has ever had bowel trouble and maintains a healthy diet and weight. Last week she went in for another stool sample which was negative.
Does it seem like the Levaquin may have disrupted her system and/or does this seem very concerning.
Your wife symptoms are due to side effect of Levaquin...
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Your wife symptoms are due to side effect of Levaquin and dysbacteriosis and candida over infection. This is manifested with abdominal cramps and indigestion.
If she was my patient I would recommend to do the stool for candida test to confirm the diagnosis.
I would like to suggest you to use probiotics, tasectan, and antispastic drugs (no spa) in order to relief her symptoms.
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Levaquin side effects in women
- Levaquin antibiotic levaquin side effects
- Levaquin antibiotic side effects
- Levaquin bad side effects
- Levofloxacin levaquin side effects
- Negative side effects of levaquin
- Levaquin side effects tendon
- Dangerous side effects of levaquin
- Side effects of levaquin iv
- Levaquin cardiac side effects