What are the repercussions of taking additional dosage of Lisinopril?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I took 2 lisinopril by accident. Do I need to go seek medical attention right now. The dose is 25 mg per tablet

Thank you for your answer, it helped ease anxiety I had over taking a double dose tonight.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medical attention is not required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

The maximum dose prescribed in an adult for hypertension is 80 mg once a day. Therefore if you have ingested twotablets of 25 mg dose then it will not cause any serious adverse effect.

Immediate medical attention is not requires and you will not have any discomfort and you can take your regular dose tomorrow. Please avoid taking double dose again.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Brief Answer:
You will be fine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

Please be assured that you will be fine even if you have taken double dose.