What are the repercussions of missing Losartan dose?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: HI. I have been taking losartan hydoclorizada for several years 100mg/25mg. I ran out and wont be able to get any for 4 days. Is this a terrible danger?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes there is

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.

You are taking a pretty good dose of Losartan(100mg) & hydrochlorothiazide (25mg).
Stopping it for 4 days may cause BP to rise to a very serious level.
So I recommend not to stop it & take it as per the schedule.

Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 8 minutes later
Thanks. Yes well, I dont really have a choice. Guess ill have to hope for the best. thanks.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Monitor your bp regularly

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Please monitor your bp regularly and at least twice daily. Stop the salt intake completely. And please take it seriously if it goes above 180mm Hg.
And try to get the medications as soon as possible.
If you have access to alternate medication, you can take alternative to your medications. If that is possible let me know.
Thanks & take care
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 52 minutes later
HI thank you for the advice. I think I found a way i can get my prescription filled tomorrow afternoon. So it will only be 30 hours or so.. hopefully :) should be ok.
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.
I am really pleased & relaxed to know that you can now get your medicine. Take them as per schedule & monitor your bp regularly.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help or you can choose to close the discussion.
Wishing you a healthy life.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng