What are the chances of pregnancy after intercourse during periods?

Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: is it possible to get pregnant if I have sex during my period specialy if whn I am bleeding
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not possible

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
The first few days of the menstrual cycle are safe if unprotected intercourse happens.
There is no chance of pregnancy as it's far from ovulation period.
Hope this was helpful
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree

Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 6 minutes later
that means the days I am bleeding I can have unprotected sex. I read in internet there might be some chance.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
If your cycles are of 28-30 days then the first 8 days including the days of bleeding are safe for unprotected intercourse.
Thus even after the bleeding stops you can have unprotected intercourse for another 2-3 days.
Hope this was helpful.
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree