Owl Image

What are the chances of getting pregnant when ejaculation is on hand?

Question
My boyfriend ejaculated and some got on my hand. I washed my hands and about 2 hours later I masturbated. I did not penetrate my vagina but what are the chances I could get pregnant from that situation?
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Pregnancy can occur if ejaculation occurs inside vagina or near vaginal parts.
In your case if once you have washed your hand & then masturbating , nothing will happen.
So get relaxed.
I hope your query has been answered.

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting pregnant when ejaculation is on hand? 15 hours later
I know I am probably unnecessarily concerned but since the day after the incident I have had some lower abdominal pain. That is sometimes common for me because I am on the birth control pill, however last month there were a few times when I missed taking it so I took the pill the next day. The incident also occurred on the last day of my period, which I know is a time that the body isn't very fertile.

Considering all these factors do you still think I am okay? And how long does sperm remain alive on skin?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back,
As you are taking birth control pills & on the last day of your period you could not be pregnant.
You are having lower abdominal pain due to premenstrual congestion.
Sperm could not survive more than 15-20 minutes in dry environment like skin.
I hope your query has been answered & now you would be okay.