• question-icon

What are the chances of full recovery from IBS with treatment?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Question: It looks like that I am suffering of IBS-D . is there any chance of full recovery? normally I have no problem if I know that I could go any time to the bathroom if I need but when I need to travel or being any place where I don't have the chance to move freely I am always scared that I need to go urgently to the bathroom. in my early twenties I had no problem at all. I was never scared of anything. what can be the solution?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Control of stress and/or anxiety will solve your problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/31 - looks to be suffering from IBS D - scared when you need to travel or being at a place where you do not have a chance to move to the bathroom as you may need to go to the bathroom urgently - no problem if you know that the bathroom is within the reach - there was not such a problem in early twenties - wants to know if there is a chance of full recovery and the solution ...

Thanks for an elucidate history which is self explanatory. This is the character of IBS.
Since you get anxious over the possibility of not finding the bathroom, you get stressed out too.
Anxiety and/or stress are the mother of evil in IBS.
If you can control the anxiety and/or stress, there will be no worry as the IBS will be in control.
This can be achieved by meditation, yoga, medicines as needed under the guidance of your Doctor.
Avoid anything that causes you the stress and/or anxiety.
Watch for some foods and beverages that can instigate or enhance the problems.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon