What are the causes and remedies for dandruff problem?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi i am facing lot of dandruff problem these days kindly suggest the the remedy for the same and the cause of this excess dandruff? Even after washing i get found smell from my scalp
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: you might be having SD Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, you could be having seborrheic dermatitis. It is seen in people with extremely oily scalp. Pityrosporum ovale, a fungus is also implicated as its cause. To treat the same, Use a ketoconazole tar based or ketoconazole salicylic acid based shampoo every alternate day. Apply it for 10 minutes and then wash off. You may use konaz ct or keraglo ad or konaz ct Use a steroid salicylic a is lotion like topisal every night Take tablet isotretinoin 10 mg daily for few days. It is a prescription drug so take it only after your doctor's consent. Hopefully in few weeks, your scalp will be better. Take care