What are symptoms of toe injury?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 3 Nov 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was in the bathroom and a 4 inch round mirror fell and hit my left toes but I had mocassin type slippers on. Can that injure my toes?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Although not a serious injury,may send the picture

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and since you were wearing mocassin type slippers,it should not be a serious injury. To help you better please tell me-
1.Do you have any swelling at toes with bluish black discoloration?
2.Any difficulty in moving the toes?
Meanwhile you may do Ice fomentation,limb elevation and take Ibuprofen.If possible may send the picture of foot .
Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 22 minutes later
No discoloration and can bend the toes so should it be okay????
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it should be o.k.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It's good to see you
Going by your reply it does not looks to be serious injury.You may follow the treatment as discussed earlier.