What are symptoms of a stroke?

Dr. Guru

Posted on Tue, 27 May 2014 in Stroke
Question: What do I do if I believe my husband might be having a stroke? He gets very confused and his speech is all garbled. It only lasts for about fifteen minutes.
Answered by Dr. Guru 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to rush to the ER as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

If you believe that he might be having a stroke and seems very confused with garbled speech, I suggest to rush to the ER as soon as possible. Because, stroke if treated very early, can be reversible. It can go irreversible if treatment is delayed. There are chances that he might not have stroke but still we cannot take risk.

I feel that the symptoms described by you needs an emergency evaluation and treatment. Please visit a ER at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D