Wednesday I was up all morning with diarrhea and very
Pain is due to constipation.
Thanks for choosing 'Ask a doctor' service for your query.
As of now the pain you are having may be either due to constipation or infection in urinary tract secondary to gastrointestinal infection.
When a person is constipated bad colonies of bacteria and yeast are formed inside the intestines. They act on stagnated food and releases gas as a result of fermentation. This would cause compression of nerves in intestines resulting in inflammation. As nerve supply is almost common inflammation may radiate from gut to renal area.
Therefore I would suggest you go for two tests:
1) Stool routine microscopy and culture to find out amoebic or Bacterial E.coli in stool as there is mucous and blood both.
2) Urine test to see if there are bacteria in urine like E.coli etc.
As of now take any over the counter probiotic with an anti-inflammatory like Diclofenac tablet.
Please also follow up with report my dear,
Hope I was helpful,
Feel free to ask further.
Take the course of antibiotics medication for 5 days.
Hello again my dear,
Yes, E.coli can be easily treated at home unless and otherwise, symptoms are very severe like severe vomiting diarrhoea dropping pulse and blood pressure.
You need to take a course of antibiotics i.e. Tab Ciprofloxacin-Covers gram negative e.coli bacteria for 5 days with Metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days for protozoal coverage.
For both, you need a prescription.
Hope I was helpful,
Please feel free to follow up,
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?