Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Want to know best doctors for fungal infection treatment. White tongue, pain in ear, eye, stomach, knee and foot

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12678 Questions
I am from Bangalore and would like to know best doctors for fungal infection treatment.

I am suffering from fungal infection since 3 years and both my wife and daughter showing same symptoms, like white tongue, pain in the body parts (ear, eye, stomach, knee foot). Kindly advice.

My all blood reports shown normal.
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The symptoms you have described are not likely to be due to a fungal infection. The pain in various body parts is more likely to be due to a generalized viral syndrome.
A complete physical examination and a few blood tests are needed to find out the cause. You can consult a multispeciality hospital in Bangalore like Fortis or Wockhardt for a complete evaluation.
Since both your wife and daughter are also showing the same symptoms, an infective cause is likely. Persistent fungal infections do need oral anti fungal agents to be taken for 2-4 weeks according to the severity of affection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Want to know best doctors for fungal infection treatment. White tongue, pain in ear, eye, stomach, knee and foot 2 days later
Let me tell you complete history about me.

I XXXXXXX with accident during XXXXXXX 2005 and had pain in the right leg. Doctor advised me to put scrape band and take rest.

After two months i was fine and pain went off. But few months later a again fell down and got injured the same leg. Doctor gave me few tips to do the excersises. After few months got healed.

But i got back my pain during 2007 my MRI report showed that ligament tear in the right keen.
One doctor asked me to go under surgery but another doctor said me to do the excersises. I was doing excersises and felt little comfortable. So, i continued the excersises.

During 2008/2009, I had severe pain all over the body and doctor said it it Fibrormialgy and put me on medicines. I was on the medicines for complete 2009. I was taking 3 medicines trice a day. The symptoms getting better during November 2009. But again end of December 2009 i noticed a white patches on my tongue and got below symptoms.

01. Pain in the head, ear (Ringing in ears ) and eyes, back pain
02. Blurred Vision
03. Sweating
04. Severe Stomach pain
05. Severe pain (burning sensation ) in the mouth and gum
06. Joint/muscle stiffness and pain
07. Inflammation all over body
08. White patch on tongue
09. Dirt-like taste in mouth
10. I had vomiting, itching for a month (during April/May 2010)
11. Sometime sneezing
12. My weight reduced about 18 kg since XXXXXXX 2010
13. I had constipation and gas
14. Color of skin turned little bit to white
15. Dandruff

I had been to several doctors like General physicians, Nurologists, Gastroentrologist, Rheumatologist, Dermatologist, Ayurveda, Homeopathy.

During July 2010 my wife had black spots under her breast and thighs. Doctor gave anti fungal medicines for two weeks and it went away.

Note: All my blood reports came normal and other diagnostics also found no thing. But my tongue scrape showed some positive signs. I will send this report to you if required.

Both my wife and daughter showing the same symptoms now. Looks like i have caught Fungal Infection (Candida) and i suspect it spreads to others as well.

Kindly let me know the best doctor i can approach in Bangalore. I am totally fed-up and feels like dead.

Kindly advice me. Can i contact you over phone ? if yes, let me know your contact number.

Thanking you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your symptoms seem to be due to a generalised fungal infection and it needs a good examination for proper diagnosis and treatment monitoring. I am sorry but this cannot be taken care of over a phone.
The symptoms you are having now are not likely to be related to the ligament tear you had earlier.
I am sorry. I do not have any personal references of a good physician or dermatologist in Bangalore. Yet you may find a good specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor as per your requirement at

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor