Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Vaginal infection by Streptococcus pyogenes. Prescribed with antibiotics. Any other treatment without antibiotics?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12734 Questions
I have a vaginal discharge which has been diagnosed as streptococcus pyogenes. I have been prescribed Augmentin but am loathe to take it because I have recently had a lot of antibiotics to treat a stomach bug picked up in India. How XXXXXXX is this without treatment. Will it eventually subside on it's own?XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
A vaginal infection by streptococcus pyogenes is not likely to subside on its own without a treatment. It is a pathogenic bacteria and the infection might spread in the absence of adequate antibiotic treatment.
You have been prescribed the right antibiotic. You must start taking augmentin along with adequate probiotics to avoid any recurrence.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor