Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

How to treat cocci and bacilli that has discharge?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14831 Questions
How do you treat cocci and bacilli that has a discharge
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
penicillins - amoxicillin and augmentin

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The lab report identified gram positive cocci and gram positive bacillli.

There are two main medically important gram positive cocci, staphylococcus and streptococcus. Of these there are different strains.
These bacteria respond to different antibiotics but antibiotics such as amoxicillin, augmentin and those in the cephalosporin family of antibiotics , are most commonly used.

In terms of the gram positive bacilli, there are also different types but in general they would also respond to the penicillin family (amoxicillin and augmentin).

You doctor may consider using one of these to treat you.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor