Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Urine test showed presence of puss cells and bacteria. Chances of infecting my partner?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have urin test,,,it's show me, Sediment-------- Puss cells(Occ); Bacteria(Few) Can I infect my girl frend??? Shud I take sum medicine????
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 13 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
Occ. pus cells and few bacteria may be normal.
If you are symptomatic like burning in urine, frequency of urination, it is better to rule out urine culture test and if positive , treatment with antibiotics is necessary.
If not, there should be no worry.
In any case, you will NOT infect your partner as semen and urine do not mix.
Urine comes from the urinary bladder and semen comes from multiple glands and testes, though the outlet is the same.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Urine test showed presence of puss cells and bacteria. Chances of infecting my partner? 21 minutes later
My girlfriend have Garnerella Bacteria 3rd time after couple weeks we have sex.
Can it be somehow from me ?
Before I do test I tell to doctor check all infection!!! But thej take only urin test it's ok?? Few years ago thej take skratch test from penis!!! Shud thej do same now???
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 27 minutes later
Welcome back.
It is better to do urethral swab than the test you mentioned.
Any way, since she had vaginal infection, you also need treatment with a specific medicine called METRONIDAZOLE for one week. Generally this infection comes from women to men and stays in man without symptoms.
You need to take the medicine and eradicate it to prevent reinfection of your partner. Till complete eradication, it is wise to use condoms.
Hope i have helped you.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor