Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Undergone insertion after long periods of pain and bleeding. Report shows bulky uterus with adenomyosis. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
My wife has undergone XXXXXXX insertion after long periods of pain bleeding.Now her usg report is as under :- please advice
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi, the scan does not appear convincing as it does not say where has it displaced to and moved. I suggest you visit gynecologist who inserted it and request for re-examining and scan. They can predict accurately. If it is recently inserted, gynecologist will give medicines to control bleeding. Second part of report says adenomyosis which is not related to this bleeding and is a chronic condition. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Undergone insertion after long periods of pain and bleeding. Report shows bulky uterus with adenomyosis. Suggest? 31 minutes later
Thanks for your answer Dr XXXXXXX

May i know what to be done in case of Adenomyosis which as per you is a cronic condition and the last part what is adherent overies pls?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not curable

Detailed Answer:
Hi, adenomyosis occurs due to collection of blood in the walls of womb during menses for long years. This generally leads to painful menses. There are few medicines available which prevent further progression of disease. But it is not possible to cure it. If its very painful and you have completed family, i suggest hysterectomy that iz removal of womb. Ovaries become attached to other organs or to each other especially after some past surgeris which is called adhesion of ovaries and it is difftto separatethem by surgery as they may again get adherent.. I hope your doubts are cleared. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor