Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound showed gall bladder stone. Getting pain in hand, shoulder and abdomen. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Dear doctor, I am 41yr old female .Recently I had ultrasound scan of my abdomen (mainly for uterus ).At that time my gall bladder showed a 3.2mm stone in it .uterus was question is
1 I am getting pain right hand ,shoulder and right region of abdomen and pain radiates throughout my leg . Is it the cause stone in gall bladder?
2 already I had three surgeries
Cesarean in the year 1999-open
incisional hernia hernia repair in 2003 - open
umbilical hernia repair with mesh 15 * 15 cm in feb 2012
Should I undergo surgery for this ? or is there any possibility of crushing the stones or any other method?
I am taking amlobet for high BP since 13 years and pause mf tablet since 6 months for controlling heavy menstrual discharge with clots . since three years I am taking pain during periods almost six tablets per cycle .Does this affected tha gall bladder ?
What should be my next step ? I live in Karnataka India . Where can I get the best treatment ?
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in

1]Yes you can correlate the pain to gall stones except the one that radiated to the leg

2]Lithotripsy has been tried in some cases succesfully but I would recommend you go for a Laparaoscopic surgery and get it removed as it can cause obstructve jaundice

Analgesics in long run are never advisable so it is better you stop them and take as and when needed

You may look for a good Lapararoscopy surgeon in Karnataka and get operated

Hope this helps
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor