Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Under treatment for PCOD. Having nacfil, metformin, clomid and folic acid. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
actually i am a patient of pcod and have been undergoing treatment of it .....i am having nacfil, ovanac plus, metformin 500 mg, folic acid regularly for past 6 months.....but still unable to conceive....i am 30 already.I am on fertomid 50 MG for 3 months then switched to clomid 100 MG as well but still not conceived......any suggestions
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 38 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your problem to us.
Being 30 & trying for a baby is not an unusual thing these days. Remember the term infertility has now been replaced by subfertility, as there have been many advances in fertility treatment now.
This treatment is sometimes a long process, you have to stick to the suggested treatment without loosing hope.
I shall give you a brief overview. If a couple is unable to conceive after one year of trying they should seek help. Both partners need to be assessed by a fertility specialist to find out the probable cause. As soon as a cause is found, specific treatment can be offered. No treatment is 100% successful. You have to wait & see & then switch to the next step. Just 3 months is quite a short period. You must not loose hope & patience.
If you as a couple has been evaluated & under treatment of a good fertility specialist then please stick to the treatment & (God willing) you will succeed.
If you have not been fully evaluated & not under treatment of a properly trained specialist then consider taking a second opinion. Hope this is a helpful answer for you.
Wish you best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor