Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Prescribed oosure. Is it safe to take? Any side effect?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
My gynaec has recommend OOsure 1-1 until I conceive, Semi Brom for my fluctuation prolactin and siphene 2 tablets for 5 days for my next follicular study.

I am planning for a baby and would like to do follicular study.
Just wanted t ensure the medication suggested by my doctor is appropriate and there would be no side effects on egg formation
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 58 minutes later

Dear meghna

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

Both drugs are good for the maturity of follicles.Siphene is Clomiphene citrate given in 50 mgms and 100 mgms.As you are taking two tablets , it must be 100 mgm dose which is good for the ovulation but gives better results if estradiol valerate is added for further 5 days.There are kits which contain both , the clomiphene citrate as well as estradiol valerate.
Oosure and ovacare tablets contain vitamins for the follicular maturity and are used in alternative medicine and there is no harm taking them.
Best wishes and good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor