Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Is IVF only the solution for blocked tubes? What is the success rate?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I 39 years male and my wife 35 years, we are trying for baby for last 9 years , My wifes both tubes are blocked Doctors are suggested to go for IVF. I want to know only IVF is the solution for blocked tubes ?. and what is sucess rate of IVF as this is costly treatment.
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

The treatment of blocked tubes depends on the extent and position of the block, condition of the tubes, cause of the block etc.
As your wife already undergone surgery for unblocking the tubes with no improvement in fertility the doctors might have suggested IVF.
According to your wife's age the success rates of IVF are:
Pregnancy rate: 38.9
Live birth rate: 31.7.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor