Trying to conceive. Found follicular ovarian cyst. Taking fertyl. Why am I not getting pregnant?

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: hi mam,m 26yr old my height is 5'6" weight is 61kg ,married for last 2yr and tryng to concieve for past 1yr without consulting doctor but not getting result in october 2012 i was detected with follicular ovarian cyst in right ovary thn i consulted my gyno she aksed me to wait for next cycle then in next cycle my cyst disappear naturally thn agn in december 2012 cyst reoccur in right ovary n again disappear naturally in next cycle my doc has put me on fertyl tablet since december . I just wana to know that why m not able to concieve despite taking fertyl tablets what could be the?Please help me m very streesed . Thank you
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 35 minutes later
hello
thank you for writing to HCM
the cysts might be functional or corpus luteal cyst which disappear normally

there is no need to be so stressed
however it will be worthwhile checking your husband's sprem count and motility

if found to be normal you can try for a couple of months and the plan further treatment if you do not get pregnant
wish you all the best

dr XXXXXXX thakkar
Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 37 hours later
Hi mam, my husband semen analysis test report says Viscosity is 7.8 , Total Sperm Concentration is 120 million/ml , Percentage Motility is 75% , Normal Morphology is 80 % , Longevity is 2 hours . Does his reports are normal ? If yes then what could be the reason that am not getting pregnant despite having intercourse at the time of ovulation ? Should i also start taking folic acid tablets ? Please help me. Thank u
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 8 hours later
hello again

Is the sperm survival is only 2 hours?
Then it requires assessment

please check with the lab that after 2 hours if the sperms have not survived
If so it need further evaluation

If that is normal then you can try for 2 more cycles and if not you need to consult for further investigations

wish you all the best
Dr Nandita Thakkar