Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2465 Questions
My 2.5yr old has been running fever for over 12 hrs of 100-103. Ive kept her hydrated with water and V-8 juice. Says forehead and eyes hurt, no other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 7 minutes later
hello It is likely that he is having a viral fever, please consult your doctor, you can give him paracetamol syrup , but i cant tell you the dose as i dont know his weight. thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes? 11 minutes later
As my daughters pediatrician is closed on Saturdays. Would you recommend Urgent care facility? Her weight is 35 lbs. at what temperature should my concern become urgent/emergency?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 19 hours later
Brief Answer: I think you can wait! Detailed Answer: Hello! Apologies fir the late reply. If you haven't seen a doctor yet, you can wait. Viral fevers have a tendency to have high fever and it may go to 103-104 ,so, please don't worry! However I would like you to rush him to an emergency care if 1) fever crosses 104 2) he develops vomiting or loose stools or stomach pain 3) stops eating, becomes dull or disoriented 4) develops rashes or any glandular swelling 5) develops cough with mucus Otherwise, paracetamol syrup will suffice. Take care and please don't worry, he will do well!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor