Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Treated for chlamydia. Facing difficulty to pass urine and having testicle pain. Any idea?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
Hi there, I was diagnosed with Chlamydia in XXXXXXX last year. This was due to my ex partner sleeping around with other guys behind my back. I was with her for 10 months and am unsure how long I had this desease. Since being cured things down below havent been the same and now i'm starting to worry. I can't pass water as freely as before and at times it feels like the penis isn't there with a dull ache in the testicles. Basically i think that the Chlamydia has scarred me internally and was wandering if somebody could help me out with some info. 
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Thanks for the query

The chlamydia infection responds very well to antibiotics and completely eradicates. As you were diagnosed so, it is obvious that you might be treated with antibiotics. The patients diagnosed with chlamydia infection are also screened for other sexual transmitted diseases which you haven' mentioned either you were screened or not.

The symptoms might not be psychological and there might be chances that you might have be infection left and if not chlamydia then there might be chances of common recommended to have a urine complete analysis to rule out any infections and if there is any consult your doctor or you can then do urine culture and sensitivity to find the causative organism and effective antibiotic.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treated for chlamydia. Facing difficulty to pass urine and having testicle pain. Any idea? 24 hours later
Hi and thank you for your e-mail.

I had all the other tests conducted and they all came back negative. This is the good new. But the feeling I have isn't painful as such rather a dull sort of pain down the under section of the shaft of the penis as well as the testicles. I did have an inflamed prostate at one point which my GP thinks it may be. If this is the case then it may be prostatitis. I was also told by another gp that it could be a stone causing a blockage, surely i'd feel a lot of pain for that?

I have an appointment on Tuesday and the worst thing is worrying too much about it bening something more serious which is what is in the back of my mind.

Kind Regards

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 13 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

Well I don't think so it could be stone as it is too painful and at the lower level where it occludes urinary flow also damages the ureter which causes blood in urine. so, I will not go with stone however the prostatitis is a more considerable condition as it may can cause such symptoms.

An ultrasound for prostate prevoidal and postvoidal along with ultrasound KUB will clarify the situation.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor