Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Tore foreskin while having sex. Should I use fucidin ointment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Tore my foreskin while having sex last night. Should I use fucidin ointment ?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fucidin cream should help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems you developed a frictional injury of foreskin.
To treat the same
1) clean the area with XXXXXXX warm saline water
2) Apply a mild steroid antibiotic cream like fusidic acid beclomethasone combination
3) Avoid physical intimacy to prevent further injury till lesions heal
4) If the area is swollen or painful take tablet ibuprofen
5) usually it should heal in few days if no response is seen take an antibiotic like amoxyclav.

Also rule out possibility of candidal infection of foreskin as it too may lead to fissuring of the affected area.

Hope that helped.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tore foreskin while having sex. Should I use fucidin ointment? 4 minutes later
It's a small cut not too big.. How long do you think it will take to heal ? And it's the frenulum that has snapped.. Also how often should I apply the ointment ?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Recovery time is usually a week to two week.

Detailed Answer:
If its a small tear, cleaning the area with lukewarm water followed by application of fusidic acid thrice in a day over affected area is enough. It should heal in a week to a maximum in two weeks. As I said avoid contact till then. If there is persistent bleed or if the tear does not seem to heal, please do XXXXXXX a doctor nearby.

As its the frenulum that's involved, so its a tear only. Fungal infection is ruled out.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor