Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Tired, dizzy, lightheaded, pain in testicles. Suggest treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1015 Questions
Hi, i a healthy 44 year old male, suddenly last week i startedto feel very tierd and slighly dizzy or lightheaded,i presumed it was just a bug so got an oppertunity to go to bed for the day which trust me is a rare oppertunity, im still very tierd and now i have developed a severe pain in my right testicle. I dont know if they are connected but i am slightly worried, i normally so healthy and sick free, all my bloods and colesteroel etc were normal earlier this year, i had them checked, please dont reply by telling me to go and see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 17 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Tired and dizziness may be due to lack of sleep. It is better to have routine sleep schedule. It may be caused by overworking, stress.

I advice you to try to sleep at least 6 to 7 hours per day. Due to hectic work schedule sometimes dehydration can occur which can present with similar symptom.
It is better to drink water frequently to counteract dehydration. Avoid smoking and excess of alcohol. Hb estimation will be helpful as low hemoglobin may be responsible for your symptom.

I don't think your both the symptoms are related.

There are a number of reasons why pain in or around the testicles might occur. The general rule of thumb is that any sudden and severe pain should be checked out immediately.

Pain in the scrotum or testicles can be due to a problem in the testicle, in the structures surrounding the testicle or even in another part of the body.

I would like to know whether the pain was very sharp and severe or associated with nausea, vomiting or whether the scrotum is tender to touch or associated with any swelling.

If it pain is not associated with other symptoms i think you need not to worry about it. It might be to some injury in the night that you are unaware off. Pain following coitus is also common.

If it reoccurs / persists, associated with the other symptoms and if the severity increases i advice you to consult the surgeon for examination immediately. Even though you have mentioned not to tell you to see doctor but if these symptoms are there i insist you should consult a surgeon.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tired, dizzy, lightheaded, pain in testicles. Suggest treatment? 56 minutes later
Thank you for your reply, No i havnt had any other symptoms such as vomiting etc and it is a sharp pain mainly to one area in the center region of of my right testicle.

I really appreciate your advice on this, you have put my mind at ease and yes i know of course that it was stupid of me to say "not
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 45 minutes later
Hello sir

It is fine.

You had experienced the pain only one time so no need to worry. It might be due to some injury while sleeping.

I advice you the same that is if those symptoms appear need to see a doctor.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor