Tingling feet, constant body itching and tingling
Thanks for posting your query. It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:
1) Have you got your blood sugar levels checked and do you have a history of diabetes?
2) Are you on medications ?
3) Have you got your vitamin B 12 levels checked recently?
Itchy and tingling skin without any rash can be due to diabetes, vitamin B 12 deficiency, liver and cardiac causes and neurological causes. Even dry skin and thyroid disease can produce these symptoms.
A cause could be obtained by getting your blood sugar levels, EKG heart, Liver function tests, thyroid function tests, vitamin B 12 levels and a neurological examination from a neurologist done.
You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are XXXXXXX sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
My doctor did an EKG and blood test. My EKG was normal, but my blood test indicate that my chosterol level was slightly high and my blood pressure was a little high too.
Also, I had been taking a multivitamins for men over 50.
Thanks for the clarification.
Since your cholesterol levels and blood pressure readings are high, so peripheral vascular disease is an important possibility which can present with numbness and tingling and needs to be ruled out. It mostly occurs in elderly age group and occurs due to formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the peripheral blood vessels. Some further tests need to be done which include treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography (if other tests come positive), ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
The other possibility if of any arthritis of the joints which can not only present with painful joints but numbness in extremities also. It is diagnosed by ESR and Rheumatoid factor in blood and x-rays of digits.
I suggest you to consult a physician and get these possibilities ruled out. Also consult a neurologist and get a complete neurological examination done.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care and wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tingling itching all over body
- Hypertension tingling in bottom of feet
- Vertigo and tingling hands and feet
- Sweaty palms and feet tingling
- Whole body tingle itch rash
- Soles of feet constantly tingling
- Intermittent tingling in hands and feet
- Tingling feet constant body itching and tingling
- My feet are constantly tingling
- Treatment for body itching and tingling in feet
- How are high levels of homocystiene treated ?
- WBC in urine, pain, pressure in vagina, stinging, burning sensation...
- Do antidepressants cause weight loss ?
- Celexa a clamipromine, anti-depressant, anti anxiety, safe to take fun...
- What causes pain in the knees and feet ?
- MSRA infection, bactrim, flagyl, spot on labia, drained, new one formed....
- I have fever, fatigue and daily headache. What do these symptoms suggest?
- My coccyx was injured previously and I have severe pain in the area. How...
- I have cramps in my calves and feet, sweating at night and am not able...
- Dark bruise on spine, trauma, blood capillaries ruptured, post...