Test showed high blood sugar level. Will it be controlled by obimet SR 500?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Question: i have sugar level of fasting 225 and PP 285. and ii am prescribed Obimet SR 500 recently. Earlier I was on Homeopathy medicine. How effective is this and when will I get results? I was taking Cephlandra Mothers
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Both your fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels are high.
Obimet SR 500 is an oral anti-diabetic drug containing metformin.
It decreases the blood glucose levels by suppressing the glucose production by the liver.
It is particularly useful in over-weight people with normal renal function.
And also it can prevent cardiovascular complications in diabetic people.
After starting the tablets it starts showing immediate effect, but for stabilization of sugar levels at-least one week may needed.
With proper and continuous use of the drug you can maintain the normal levels.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.