Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Swelling cheekbone after hitting face. Should I be worried?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
I was hit on the right side of face, swollen cheekbone which is hard like a growing bone and there is some swelling on my right side of forehead as well..should i be worried? See the doctor?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diclofenac+serratiopeptidase, ice compression,rest Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The swelling as mentioned in your post is due to accumulation of fluid & blood(known as hematoma) secondary to the trauma. The blood cells accumulated are eventually broken down and absorbed in the body. But this is a slow process & takes times to disappear completely. Till that time, symptomatic relief from pain & swelling can be obtained by taking analgesics like Diclofenac with serratiopeptidase (to be taken after food), ice compression & adequate rest. If it still persists or there are any other associated symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, etc., then it will be better to consult your Doctor. An X XXXXXXX of the face will be needed to rule out any injury to the bones. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor