Suggested normet and sporlac for loose motion and vomiting. Safe to take these medicine?
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
You are having Gastroenteritis and the mainstay of treatment is to take adequate amounts of oral rehydration solutions (ORS).
Feeling weakness may be because of the infection itself and dehydration with electrolyte abnormalities.
Take liberal amounts of oral rehydration solution in sips after each loose stool as it will prevent dehydration and correct electrolyte imbalances.
You can continue Normet tablet twice daily for three days and sporlac tablet twice daily for three days and these medications are right and usually prescribed in Gastroenteritis.
If loose motions are not controlled, if your urine output is less, consult a doctor for further examination and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
I hope travelling won't be risk for now. What should i carry during travelling?
Thank you for your follow up query.
You continue Normet and Sporolac for 3 days as this will complete the antibiotic course and treats the complete infection.
Continue to take Oral Rehydrating Solutions (Electral powder) after proper reconstitution and coconut water.
For cough, you can take a cough syrup containing expectorant and bronchodilator like Ascoril Expectorant 10 ml thrice daily for 3 to 5 days.
You can continue the medication during your scheduled traveling.
You can eat home-made soft diet (chapathi,rice with dal and curries) with less spicy, curd rice. Avoid Non vegetarian food.
Carry your present medication (Normet, sporolac, electral powder, cough syrup and paracetamol tablets) during traveling.
I hope your traveling will be comfortable. Happy and healthy journey.
Hope I have answered your queries, if you have any please let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motions vomiting
- Sporlac imodium for loose motion vomiting
- Sporlac for vomiting and loose motions
- Vomiting and loose motion adults
- Loose motion and vomiting infants
- Suggest treatment for vomitting and loose motions with fever
- Common medicine for loose motion sporlac
- Child started vomiting and have loose motions suggest medicine
- Vomiting and loose motion after moxikind medicine
- Medicine for loose motion and vomiting
- Got paralyzed in left side. How to recover it?
- Circumcised child with tight foreskin and noticed bruise under foreskin....
- Child exposed to smoke. Will this have any effect on growth? Should I...
- Pain in arm. Not getting relief by ibuprofen. Any idea what could cause...
- Found raised brown mole on scrotum. Hurts to touch. Should I be concerned?
- Child having soft poop, developmental delay and autism. What cure should...
- Had blood drawn and swelling in arm. Applied ice. Should I be worried?
- Infant getting frequent vomit and loose motion. How to control this?
- Baby has facial swelling, redness and bruise on head. All tests normal....
- Had heat boil, ruptured with draining of pus leaving a dry black spot....