• question-icon

Suggest ways to terminate pregnancy

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello am 25 years my last period was on 12th may n I checked pregnancy test on 3rd july n it is positive so please help me to abort pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MTP

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM and I do understand your concern

“As” per your question you have positive pregnancy test and you want to abort it so do consult with your local gynecologist in your area, and he will prescribe you medications and in such a situation I prescribe [mifepristone]600 mg which should be swallowed with water and if you vomit within 30 mins then you can take again. You have to wait for 24-48 hours and during this time your bleeding will start then you have to take second medication [misoprostol]4 tabs at a time under your tongue and pill should be under tongue for 30 mins and it will be absorbed during this time but you have to remember one point that take [Ibuprofen 800mg] 30 mins before you take second medication to prevent severe pain and it will relax your muscles and afterwards you can take 400 mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours for pain management.So as soon as you take [misoprostol] cramping will start until expel of fertilized ovum which takes 4-12 hours only.

So do consult with your doctor soon, and he will prescribe you medications.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions before visiting your doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo