Suggest ways to rule out osteoarthritis

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I just had a X-ray of my knee & a test on the back of my knee will a jell like they test for pregnant mothers.
They test came back with no issues. Could I have Osteoarthritis?
What can I do to help the pain? So coming up steps-I drag my right leg. I just can not walk up normal.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

From symptoms you are explaining it seems you have osteoarthritis of knee and it can't be detected on ultrasound as described by you.

If I am your treating doctor I would advise you xray of both knees standing AP view, so get it done and send me the report.

I want to see present condition of your joint.

Till then you can take tab.aceclofenac100mg+thiocolchicoside4mg twice a day by prescription of your doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Apply hot packs for 30 mis in morning and evening.

Avoid squatting and upstairs as much as you can.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj