• question-icon

Suggest ways to rule out chronic bacterial prostatitis

Posted on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Knife like rectal and urethral pain worsening after orgasms - decreased urine flow and hesitancy symptoms have been going on for approximately two years and I am currently 59 years old
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly You have Abacterial Chronic Prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

I have gone through our previous discussion on your issues .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Have you completed a course of antibiotic for 3 months ?
2) Have yo done the tests suggested especially swab test and culture of urethral discharge ?

The pain in urethra rectum after ejaculation is suggestive of infection f Prostate (Prostatitis) .Chronic Abacterial Prostatitis is an entity characterized by having a symptom complex like typical bacterial prostatitis when there are no positive evidence of bacterial infection detected on various relevant tests .

I would still suggest you to do Swab Test and culture of urethral discharge obtained after doing prostate massage .

I have been advocating doing prostate massage every day by your closed relative .This helps to discharge prostatic secretion and there by relieve prostate congestion and gives relief from symptoms .I have been following this modality of treatment for my patients with chronic Prostatitis for last 40 years of my practice and getting encouraging results and relief from symptoms .

You can discuss this modality of treatment with your Urologist .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worried about you having Cancer of Prostate .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Prostate massage can be learned from a medical practitioner and can be done at home by your close relative .It is very simple technique .

Take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Take antacids with antibiotic to avoid getting drug induced gastritis .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Ty- i took the antibiotics for 4 weeks had difficulty tolerating after that- in the end the one i was able to tolerate for that period Of time was cefuroxime. My PSA XXXXXXX was 2.0 free PSA was 38.5- i wil take the antibiotic for 3 months- it was difficult to find a practitioner who would do the prostatic massage with swab- things have gone down in Vegas- of course my concern (like before) i prostate CA- thx again- XXXXXXX
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist