Suggest ways to postpone menstruation

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Women's Health
Question: i want to postponed my periods my date for periods is 23rd can you suggest any tablet to postpond
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tablets advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I usually give tablet norethisterone 5 mg twice a day starting 2 days prior to expected date like in your case on 21st October.
It needs to be taken daily till you want to delay your periods and can be taken for 10-12 days but make sure you don't miss any pill otherwise there will be breakthrough bleeding.

These are however prescription only drugs which you can obtain with a prescription from your doctor / gynecologist.

All the best.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad