Suggest ways to manage anxiety and depression

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: not sure if im experiencing anxoety1 or depression. im very irritable at times, stressed, want to cry, feel alone, and so tired. i work 8 hrs a day mon-friday, i excercise for 1 1/2 hrs i try to eat balanced meals feeling that it should help feel better about myself or help with anything i feel but nothing helps and not sure what to do anymore.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is more likely depression

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Feeling of irritability, crying spells, tiredness, feeling of social isolation and stressed indicates more possibility for depression rather than anxiety.

I understand that you are doing enough to counter the depressed feelings but sometime it is not sufficient and seeking professional help is warranted.

In my opinion you should see your doctor/psychiatrist without delay. He will talk you in detail and may run some tests before making a final diagnosis and offering treatment.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.