Suggest ways to identify glutens in food products

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Wed, 9 Nov 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How do I identify gluten in the "ingredients" of foods. Is there a list of names somewhere.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gluten

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned about foods that may have gluten in them. Any of the wheat and grain products will have gluten in them unless they specifically say gluten free. All wheat and grains have gluten. It is a sticky substance that binds the food together. So when reading a label if you see any grains like wheat, flour, rye, barley or oats they will contain gluten.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions