Is total IgE level of 2.68 kIU/L a cause for concern?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I want to know what is the meaning of Total IgE is 2.68 kIU/L. Is everything is fine or do i need to go for more test. I am also planning for gluten free diet but not sure if it will help or not. please suggest if i need to go for some other treatments?

Thanks in Advance
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry for this IgE level.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the reports you have attached.
Your IgE level is absolutely normal. IgE is related to allergic disease. Your total IgE and food allergy report is normal.
So no need to worry for food related allergies.
Please let me know your symptoms so that I can guide you treatment because according to your reports, you are normal for allergy.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T