Suggest ways to determine the presence of intact hymen

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor,
Glad to have such utility and I hope you will be able to help. i am 26 years old. I have been masturbating a lot in the past few years but never had any sexual intercourse. I would like to check if my hymen is intact or not. Plus I would like to ask about the size of my inner lips. Are they too large?

I tried my best to take a good picture and I hope it will be good enough.

Thank you for your support doctor.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear!
If you havent had sexual intercourse and you havent use any penetrating object,your hymen may be intact.
But as I see your report your hymen seems broken.
But the best way to determine if your hymen is intact or not is by doing per vaginam examination.

Is very simple and not invasive examination.

Regarding inner lips they are very normal.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 3 hours later
I have not had sexual intercourse was masturbating only from outside. Is it fully broken or partially broken?

Thank you
Brief Answer:
not 100% sure

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear again!
As I sad above we cant determine if your hymen is intact or not just watching your reports.
We can determine 100% only by per vaginam examination.
Please make another photo after you have washed ,and send me .

All the best
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Thank you doctor I have just uploaded new pictures and I believe they are much clearer. Appreciate your support.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are virgin

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!
These photos are clear and as I see your hymen is partially intact .
But you are still a virgin girl.
So dont worry about your virginity.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad